Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lot's Going On!

Wow I really haven't posted in a LONG time. Things have definitely been going on, but nothing, not worthy of posting. Shame on me! On Monday May 26th Eric came home from work about 12:00 and surprised me with 2 dozen roses.
He also took me to lunch at Crackers & Company. It was delicious and nice to be out together celebrating our 13th year of marriage. That night we were sitting down to have Family Home Evening, when we received the devastating phone call that we had lost a little cousin in our family. We were all very somber after that and immediately knelt down for a special family prayer. That night I took Livie and headed up to Heber to be able to offer any support and help I could. I was very glad that I was able to go. My entire family really pulled together through this and it was evident that the family is receiving comfort and blessings beyond comprehension. I am so Thankful for the chance I have to be a Mother at this time and equally thankful for the plan of salvation that will join us all together forever if we live our lives worthily. Eric and the other kids came up on Thursday evening so we were able to once again be together as a family for the rest of the weekend. Unfortunately I came down with a nasty stomach bug and so I was pretty sick up there. Luckily I was blessed to be able to attend little Carissa's funeral and I felt pretty good that day. I wasn't feeling too hot after that and it wasn't until Tuesday I finally went in and saw my Doc and he gave me a shot to nip this nasty bug in the bud. I have felt great since. On Monday Zach & Kimberlee both started summer school. After one week of school they both still want to go back so I'm glad their enjoying it. It's totally wierd to drop off your "baby" at the Junior High School. I just can't believe Kimber's is in Junior High. We received a packet in the mail for her school and they have this place called the "Sand Trap" This is where a student is sent if they don't have their calendar book stamped in each class. In order to get the planner stamped they have to do ALL of 3 things. 1. Be on time to class, sitting in their desk before the bell is finished ringing. 2. Completed homework 3.Needed Materials. The "Sand Trap" is held after school from 3:45- 4:15 and it is a study hall. After reading this I shared it with Eric and we think that our sweet Kimberlee will be caught in this "Sand Trap" quite often. I'm going to sit down and talk to her about it today and hopefully she'll be able to be prepared each day! We can only hope!

No comments: