Children have 2 lists:
- "Family Store Money Earned"
- "Family Store Money Lost"

Every day the children can refer to these lists and plan there activities accordingly. With almost everything they choose to do they will be rewarded with pretend money.
- Make Bed-1 coin
- Clean Bedroom Before Bedtime-2 coins
- Assigned Chore Done Daily-$1.00
- Homework Completed-2 coins
- Read 1 chapter in book-2 coins
- Practice flashcards for 15 min.-1 coin
- Read 1 story in Friend or New Era- $1.00
- Read 1 Chapter From Scriptures- $1.00
- Saying Personal Prayers-1 coin
- Brushing Teeth- 1 coin

and remove the amount of money lost. If they do not have adequate money to pay the loss an IOU note is placed in the jar until the debt is paid. You can see 1 child (I won't mention any names) already has tested the waters and the note remains in the jar.
- Eating anywhere but kitchen table-2 coins
- Leaving a mess-2 coins
- Teasing- 2 coins
- Hitting-$1.00
- Name Calling-$1.00
- Pinching-$1.00
- Talking Back-$1.00
- Arguing-$1.00
- Glaring/ Rolling Eyes-$1.00

and showed the kids the contents. Everything from gum to a date with Mom & Dad were in this tote. Everything has a price tag on it as well.
We will open the store every Monday evening after our FHE lesson is complete. The kids were ecstatic. They can pay 50 bucks to watch an hour of T.V and so forth. It was amazing to watch the outcome of our 1st day on this plan. Of course the kids were all excited and wanting to do their best as this was fresh in their minds but they did rather well. No one asked to play any computer, wii, or watch the T.V. Instead they read, did flashcards, did their jobs without being asked, and I only saw 1 kid carrying around a yogurt and eating it. WOW! I didn't have to raise my voice 1 time, my house looks amazing, the kids were basically nice to one another, and my kiddos aren't frying their brains. Yeah for dollar stores! I am so excited about this new plan. We are using gold coins and fake dollar bills. I can't wait for Monday so we can let the fruits of their labors come to fruition!


3 comments:
what a cute and super fun idea.
I love the casual flip flop idea. that would so cute. I've done several shoots this week and it's not bad at all. I wasn't sweating or anything. I don't start taking pictures until 6 so it's cooled down by then. That's awesome you sent out a big e-mail. I hope someone responds so you can save money. let me know when you want it done!
This is a great idea. I do something similiar with Makenna but use Poker chips. Each chip color is worth a different amount. Granted she is only 2 so the rewards are a little different but I'm amazed at how fast she caught on to the little things. I can't wait to hear how your kiddos are adapting and how the first week goes.
Hope all is well. Miss you guys
Kristy
Great Idea Lowes...hope it works as well as you think. Hope the kids have other things planned for the summer, as 50 dollars would take ME a LONG time to get, just to watch TV for an hour. We might be blog idea stealing, especially if it works for several weeks. ELISA
Post a Comment