Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy 12th Birthday Kimberlee

Saturday was Kimberlee's 12th Birthday! Wow, where has 12 years gone? I can hardly believe my little 4lb 9oz bundle of joy is now a beautiful, talented, 12 year old! We love you Kimberlee and are so glad you are part of our family. We appreciate the way you love & play with your younger brothers and sister. We love your spunky personality and your kind and loving heart!
Here is a recap of the days events! Kimberlee requested we go out for breakfast. We went to Old Country Buffet and everyone ate until they were full. The food was yummy and we enjoyed ourselves. Since Kimberlee is finally 12 she gets to wear makeup. So for her birthday Eric & I gave her different types of make-up throughout the day. There were 12 presents total for her that day. She was loving the opportunity to open gifts randomly through out the day. Here is one present she opened at the restaurant.
Later that afternoon Kimberlee chose to go see Nims Island! She invited her best friend Sophie Orr to come along with us. Nims was a fantastic movie, a very touching story line. We all, (well except Livie, she is not a movie fan) thoroughly enjoyed it!As we were walking out of the movie we saw this poster so Kimberlee stepped up to the photo booth to pose with Mr. Dreamy himself!
Today we were originally planning on a Birthday party for Kimberlee with 4 of her best girlfriends. Unfortunately the weather rained us out of our planned sunny day at sunsplash. We were able to reschedule her "friend party" for this Thursday. She is thrilled to be able to celebrate her Birthday again.
That evening some of our family came and celebrated with Kimbers. She had Grandpa & Grandma Bowles and Uncle James, Aunt Cicily, and their son Gus here at our home for a party. She had so much fun and was so happy to have them here at our house.
Thanks to EVERYONE that made Kimberlee's Birthday so special
Later that night after we dropped off Kimberlee's friend Sophie, I was talking to Kimber's about her outfit she had picked out for the party. She had worn a blue tank top and in our family we don't wear tanks without something over it. Anyway she became a bit snappy with me, and said "I thought since I was 12 I didn't have rules anymore". We were in our neighborhood side streets by this point so I slammed on my brakes and just looked at her. I was shocked, I said Kimberlee of course you still have rules! You will have more opportunities to do things since you are older, like going to girls camp this summer. But you still have rules. I think she was a bit surprised but I was able to explain it well enough. Today we were able to pull out her "For The Strength of Youth pamphlet" and really help her understand the Dress and Appearance portion. She got it, (I hope) and she really enjoyed her first day in Young Women's at Church. There is an award in our Church that the young people can earn, called Faith in God. If they finish all the requirements in the booklet before they turn 12 then they earn the award. Kimberlee completed this award about 2 weeks ago. Eric & I are so pleased that she made the choice to work on it every Sunday and throughout the week. She has grown a lot through working to achieve this award.

1 comment:

Stoddard Studios said...

wow, she's so grown up now.

Is everyone better yet so we can take pictures? It's starting to warm up. I have a special going on. Check my blog to see it {it's on the right hand side of my blog}.