
Meet Ruger! Daddy's best friend, a Golden Retriever. Quite rare with his white coloring. He has a bit of red on the ends of his ears and a stripe down his back that is faintly red. Best of all he is so good natured and is already learning some new tricks.
The same night Charlie went home we acquired 5 new chickens they are about 4 months old. We needed a few more good "layers" so the kids don't run out of eggs as quickly. Yes I think with 2 dogs(maybe multiple more on the way) 2 turtles, and now 13 chickens I believe we need to be living on a FARM! The kids have been selling fresh eggs to friends, neighbors, passer-byers(is that a word?) I'm not sure where they learned how to be so business orientated but these kids are some shrewd businessmen! There is a fruit and vegetable co-op at the park near our home. Every other Saturday morning a huge amount of cars line our street and go get their fresh fruit and veggies. The kids decided to set up their egg sales across the street. They made their own signs, gathered all the eggs we had and sold all of them in 1/2 hour. The next co-op pick up date is next Saturday so I'll have to make sure I get some pics of these entrepreneurs. Hopefully we'll have enough eggs to accommodate everyone. Until next time!


No comments:
Post a Comment