Our first week of the store went fairly well. The kids did a good job of earning money and not loosing it. We found that it was hard to add coins in every time a task was completed. So this week we are changing it up a bit. We have the older kids keep track of their earnings for the whole day and then we add their coins at night. I was finding that I was up and down up and down frequently just adding coins in. I was pleasantly surprised that the kids wanted to save their earned money for bigger better prizes next week. Kimberlee realized that she needs to be accountable for each of her earnings. She discovered that she was short quite a few coins just because she forgot to tell us when she completed a task. A good lesson I think. So on to week 2 and we'll see how it goes. I think we may be lowering some of our prices next week??? I think it's better to facilitate a little reward each week than have the children feel like their efforts weren't good enough. Enjoy a few shots of the kids store shopping and cashing in!

Derick & Dad counting up his grand total!

All smiles, as they decide what to choose. Excuse Olivia's lack of clothing, she can't keep her clothes on if her life depended on it. Funny Girl! Kimberlee is next to Derick, this picture shows why I hire out photography needs, I can't even get all the kids in a picture! Thanks Kaylea ! Kaylea Photography is the bomb, check out her site by clicking the link on my blog. She knows how to capture the moment!
3 comments:
I love this whole idea. I would love to use it on Hayden. We took away his play room recently and he could care less. He may be a little to young for this but maybe we can think of a way he would understand a little better.
Good idea for the kids. I was reading your blog when you posted a comment on mine, how funny huh? I love that Olivia is not wearing a shirt, it is 112 I know how she feels. I wish I could go around like that!
Love your new blog layout. Super cute! Kimberlee is beautiful. I can't believe how grown up she is! I know that will be here way too soon for me...So good to see what you are up to.
Post a Comment