Thursday, May 1, 2008

"The Better To Hear You With My Dear!"

Little miss Livie has some trouble with her speech. She says the funniest things and pronounces things so different than the "norm". About 3 months ago her speech Teacher and school Teacher noticed she was having some difficulty hearing out of her left ear. We noticed it at home also so I took her to the Pediatrician and they gave her a referral to an ENT. Well it took about 3 months just to get her in to see the Ear Doc. We finally took her to Dr. Fucci this past Wednesday. They ran lots of tests and Olivia sat so big and brave while the Dr. did his thing. She also went in a special room so that the audiologist could test her ears. Here is a picture of her sitting in the big chair doing her testing.
She looks so little to be sitting up on the big chair all by herself. She shocked all the staff in the office with how grown up she was. We are so happy to report that her ears hear 100% in both ears. The Dr. is confident that since she has grown the fluid isn't building up as much anymore and he said to continue with the speech therapy. He had her count to 10 for him and she did it all by herself. Some of the funniest things she says are:
Reputer- computer
Mik- Milk
Dek- Derick
woxy- Roxy(Our cute dog)
Math-e-you- For her little friend in her class Matthew- she really accentuates e- you- it cracks me up!
Cindy- For Sydney her favorite friend
sassage-When asking Mom for a "massage"
I'll have to listen better tomorrow and add to the list because this is all I can think of right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad her hearing is okay.
I sure miss talking to her on a regular basis. I'm missing all those cute things she does.