Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Welcome to SHREK'S Swamp!

We just love this movie! It is so fun to watch. I love the "greenery"! I have said before how much I love "green grass" I really truly do love the color green. I happen to have "green" eyes and I love them too. BUT..... I don't love green pools!It seems as though Shrek has moved his swamp into our lovely beautiful blue swimming pool. So we had a couple of choices.... 1. Fill it in 2. Buy tons of expensive chemicals 3. Get us a "redneck pool" which would look about like this:We no longer have a big red truck so I don't think the kids would have too much fun! Or last 4.Pump out the nasty "green" water, and fill ever so slowly, the beautiful blue water. So guess which choice we made???

You guessed it! We emptied it and are refilling as we speak. It is a very slow process. This is me trying to skim the neighbors tree droppings out of the pool. It is the perfect day to do this, with the overcast skies and cool weather it made it so we hopefully won't crack the pool. We are hoping to have it completely full by tonight. Until then Zach & Livie are enjoying themselves in a Huge empty wading pool!

3 comments:

Cicily said...

I'm so glad you didn't fill it in. Kids need a pool in Arizona, it's to flippin hot. I think you should hire yourself out as pool maintenance worker, you look like a natural. What's the latest on Eric, how is he feeling?

Makenna said...

I'm jealous! It's still in the
50's and 60's here. Ready for spring/summer in a big way. Looks like you did a great job of cleaning it. You will be glad you made the choice you did in August. ;-)

Phylicia : ) said...

What a great way of telling the story. You're so creative!