Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Procrastination at it's finest!

While I was draining the pool and refilling it my dear Kimberlee was working hard on finishing up her country report. She has known about this report since before Spring Break. I told her how nice it would be to not be stressed out the night before it's due and to begin working on it a little bit each day. She always had more important things to be doing so I think she pretty much pulled it together the week before it was due. This is a HUGE improvement for her so I am NOT complaining one bit. All along I told her that if she came home from school again and told me anything was due the next day I would simply say, "I'm sorry you chose to wait for the last minute I wish you the best of luck!" I'm pretty sure she knew that I was serious so she did start a week ago. It was the day before that she finished typing it up. This is what a 6th grader looks like when they are stressed!Oh to be in the 6th grade again! I know I would sure do things differently.
I am just thrilled that she has passed the 6th grade and in 1 more week we'll have our first Junior High Girl. We'll also have our first young woman. Almost every day Kim (as her friends and teachers call her) asks me if she can wear makeup. I tell her when she's 12. I sure hope she uses it in moderation. I won't be able to stand a caked on make-up girl very well. Knowing Kimber's she'll have the art of applying make-up mastered before she even starts. She is totally into looking her best all the time now. She can wear my old clothes that I have outgrown (yes I am extremely phat now), my shoes (her feet are a tad longer than mine), so I have no doubt she'll be able to wear my make-up too. Wish me luck as we venture into this next stage, a tween! I'm scared out of my mind!

5 comments:

LucyH said...

Hey Leah, I actually found the model home sale from craiglist. I think it was under furniture? There is another one this Friday by the same company. The website is arizonaestateliquidators.com. They are also doing some estate sales as well.

Taryn and Sterling said...

Hey Leah, I have been trying to view your blog since you did the orinigal post, but since you are private I couldn't. Send me an email with your address so I can add you when I go private. I am glad you sent me an invite. I can't believe how big your kids are. Has it been that long? It is crazy. They are so cute.

Phylicia : ) said...

Don't be scared about her growing up! lol. Having been a teenager recently, I could advise to you two things: 1) Always listen to her and 2) Always explain things to her. I doubt you'll have a problem with either, but as a teen, those were my two biggest problems with my parents. It's an age where you often feel alone and pressured and you take it out on those closest to you, i.e. Mom. So don't take what she says to heart and never under-value what she says. Despite what adults think, it IS the end of the world when a boy doesn't call! And spend time with her, just you two - just because she's growing up doesn't mean she doesn't need you.

Pam Badesso said...

MAN! To me it still feels like Kimberly just got baptised, but I know it has been much longer then that especially since Zach will be baptised by the end of the year!!! I found that picture I drew for Kimberly's baptism the other day..... it looks a lot more like her now!!! Remember hwo she said I made her look older, filled in her teeth mad eher hair more thick and all.. it was so fun! Miss you guys!

charmort said...

This is great! Oh to be young again...I am already dreading the day Meghan goes to kindergarten! and UGH on the last minute homework...I remember well and can't wait!!! :) You are such a nice mom. I loved the Livie manicure pictures too. HOW FUN!