Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Quick Trip to The Great Salt Lake!

Monday night about 5:30 Eric and I headed off to the airport to fly to Salt Lake City. Eric's niece was sealed in the Salt Lake Temple on Tuesday morning. We were lucky enough to stay with Eric's cousin Becky while we were there. Getting in so late, (midnight) this is quite the generous act of Becky. Since I have never been to a "live" temple session I told Eric I would love to be able to attend one. Eric's Dad and his new wife Betsy joined us for the 7:00 session. It was a joyous occasion and I am grateful that we were able to manage it. We finished the session and ate a quick breakfast in the cafeteria and then we were able to witness the sealing of Alexis Lowe to Ryan Pagel. It was a beautiful ceremony and Eric and I felt blessed to be taught by the sealer as we witnessed this ceremony. We learned so many things one of the most profound things that Eric and I both came away with was the essence of TIME and the importance this is in raising a family in today's world. Our children need to know that we want to spend time together. That Mom & Dad want to spend time by ourselves and that Mom & Dad want to spend time with each child by themselves. We made a deal to really focus on this aspect of our lives. We are excited about implementing these things in our family more fervently than before. We had lots of time in between the sealing and the luncheon and so Eric and I walked around Temple Square and we really enjoyed our time together feeling the beautiful breeze and the love of our Heavenly Father. It is truly an amazing experience. We went to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building for a fabulous lunch. The raspberry poppyseed vinigerette was divine and the chicken cordon blue was scrumptious. After the luncheon we walked over to the Conference Center and took a tour of the building. All I can say about that is WOW! What an amazing place inspired by President Hinckley. All in all this trip was Fast and we feel blessed that we were able to make it happen. Enjoy the pics!
Alexis & Ryan Pagel

The whole wedding party!
The Tim Lowe Family
Tim is Eric's brother, from left to right Tim, Madison,Alexis & Ryan, Spencer, MacKenzie, Tanner and Lynne

Eric and I standing outside the temple
The Beautiful Salt Lake City Temple
And last but not least, for the young at heart! I present for your viewing pleasure:Allen Lowe- Eric's Dad skipping along the temple grounds! I'll have you know he is 79(I think). Thanks Dad for doing this for us! The kids love it!

3 comments:

Cicily said...

It's always nice to have some time away to remember what's really important in our lives. The Salt Lake temple is amazing, that is so nice you were able to go to a live session.

The Tiffany's said...

Don't you love the SLC temple grounds in the spring? It is sooo pretty, I love it!
My little brother got married there in Jan. '07 = it was cold, everything was covered in snow and it was still so beautiful!

Audie and Candice said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I love your hair...very cute!