This past weekend was Labor Day, and so we labored at our house. With our monsoon season upon us our poor chickens have been getting poured on nightly. They are down to laying just 2 eggs a day and that's not cutting it so Eric spent most of the day Saturday and Monday morning adding the last of the roof and shingling it. I am deathly afraid of heights so he was limited to the help of Derick and Zach. With his ankle still in the healing process he was limited too. Hence the two days it took to roof a little roof. The chickens are ready for the rain now and of course it didn't rain last night.
Kimberlee and I were able to go on a "Girls night" out with her best friend Sophie and her Mom. We went to the Music Man play, and out to dinner. It was a great time, we all loved it. Eric took the boys and Livie to see Kung Fu Panda. They all loved it except Liv, she's not much of a movie lover yet. Poor Eric, hehe.
Monday I got to sleep in, yeah! While Eric and the kiddos cleaned and "labored". I lucked out! Then Kimberlee and I went to meet one of my cousins new babies. He was precious and we both got to hold him. We decided to make the rest of the day a family fun day. We started out at the bowling alley. We bowled one game in the same time a couple next to us bowled 3 games. It was quite the process with 6 of us bowling on one lane. I am so thrilled to report that I actually bowled a game over 100 and I won! Yeah! I have never been able to win when Eric plays. Thanks to his bum ankle I won! Derick on the other hand is quite competitive and when he doesn't perform to his expectations he becomes an "oscar". So because the ball was too heavy, or there's something wrong with the lane, or it was too noisy, or the best one yet, they guy next to him bowled and shook his lane, haha, Derick lost. So he began the complaining process. He even went as far as punching the closest person to him at the time which happened to be Liv. Ugh. Eric and I tried to explain to him that it was ok. Bowling is hard, and is meant to just have a good time. He didn't like that and has a very pessimistic outlook on life in general. So instead of being able to enjoy the rest of the day with the family, he got to come home and "labor". I gave him a list of about 5 chores to do and we told him we expected him to have the list complete by the time we came home. A surprise for the other kids was in store. We took them to As you wish. It is a fun ceramic painting shop. The kids each picked out a ceramic figurine and then they painted them. You leave the unfinished piece at the store and in 3 days you get to go pick it up all fired and glazed. Kimberlee painted a flip flop jewelry box, Zach painted a dog and bone, and Livie painted a princess. Olivia has asked about 10 times since when we get to go get her princess. After painting the kids were hungry so we ventured over to Dave & Busters. We had never been there before but gave it a shot. We got a meal for 23.99 which Eric and I shared and they give you a $20 game card. So really the meal cost us 3.99, can't beat that. After we filled our tummy's we wandered around and let the kiddos each pick a couple games to play. It is a fun place for sure. Eric and I can't wait to go back with NO kiddos and finish off our game card. Upon returning home we found a humble son that had finished all the chores assigned. Let's just hope he learned a lesson that will last a lifetime.
17 years ago


1 comment:
Oh, Derrick what a stinker. Lesson learned I suppose. I need an invite to your next family outing, FUN!!
Post a Comment