Friday, July 11, 2008

A T-Shirt Quote...


While waiting in line tonight at the store I found myself reading the back of the shirt of the man in front of me. This is what it read: "It's better to die on your feet than to spend a lifetime on your knees. " I wanted so badly to share a bit of my testimony with this man. How much prayer has helped me and my family through out my life. There was a definite language barrier so I opted to just say nothing. What I felt for this man is much sorrow, I'm hoping that since the words were in English that the man wearing the shirt didn't even know what it said. I'm hoping that it was just worn because someone bought it for a good price. I sure would rather die on my knees knowing that I had a relationship with my father in heaven. That I allowed him the privilege of having a relationship with his daughter and that I teach my children to pray always so that they might also learn and develop a special relationship with their Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

Tami Ray said...

Your comment about Randy made me laugh...about the white shirt. Ya he has a white shirt on but couldn't button it so wore the vest. LOL I am not sure if you heard but my gpa has a few months to live. No ones really talking about it except when he isn't around. He knows he doesn't have very long but he is in denial. So that's the main reason for the pictures. We just don't dwell on the fact he will be gone and are enjoying the time we have left.

Stoddard Studios said...

Wow, how sad! Yeah, I hope he didn't know what it said. That's crazy!