Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Special Prayer Request!

Zachary will be going into 2nd grade this August. He was particularly excited because he requested a Teacher, her name is Mrs. Bretzing and she happens to be Derick's Teacher at Church. Anyway she stole Zach's heart and so ever since school got out in May, Zach has prayed daily that Mrs. Bretzing would be his Teacher. So cute, he even got as specific once as to petition his Heavenly Father to bless the school principal to give him Mrs. Bretzing. Well today was the big day, the school packets came in the mail and so we opened them one by one. I decided to start with the oldest first. Kimberlee lucked out as her Jr. High packet hasn't come in the mail yet. So we began with Derick, I decided to tease him a bit and it went AWESOME! I opened his letter up and began reading. (of course it was all made up what I read) To the parents of Derick Lowe, because of Derick's behavior this past school year, we have decided to have Derick be in a one on one class with Mrs. Marshall(she is the principal) hehe, I know I'm mean. I so wish I had the episode recorded! Derick got this look of disgust, his jaw about hit the floor and he was utterly surprised. He said WHAT??? I quickly replied, "just teasing son" and he started smiling, Mom, they really do that sometimes. Anyway he wasn't too thrilled with his teacher but I am. I think he's going to have a great year. Then I opened little Zach's packet. Much to our delight he was put in Mrs. Bretzing's class! YEAH were the cheers from everyone in the room. Zachary was grinning from ear to ear. We already knew who Olivia's Teacher was, because she called us a few weeks back. She is thrilled to be in Mrs. Churchman's young learner school class. Tonight when we said a prayer of gratitude to a loving Father in Heaven who truly does hear our prayers. How grateful I am that Zach was able to have this experience where his faith has grown and he now feels the sweet spirit that comes when we are doing his will. YEAH for fun teaching moments.

1 comment:

Stoddard Studios said...

I love what you did to Derick. Ha ha. I could totally see you doing that. you're so mean. Ha ha

Glad Zach got into the class he wanted. That's awesome!