Thursday, July 24, 2008

Past, Present, Future...

Thanks to my friend Lucy Hansen I thought I'd give this post a try. I guess you can say I tagged myself after reading Lucy's blog. If you feel so inclined I tag you too. If nothing else this is a good memory jog.

30 Years Ago
I was two years old and I'm sure my mother thought I was "terrible"haha. I had chunky legs, white curly hair, and I LOVED my thumb.

20 Years Ago
I was 12 years old it was 1988,
because I have a poor memory I had to go to my journals to remember anything back then. Some of my journal excerpts actually crack me up. I wrote about my favorites: "Favorite Relative: My Grandma Bowles because she helps me make clothes and she enjoys having me spend the night over at her house. (I love how I wrote she enjoys having me... that is funny!) Most important is because she's fare about everything. My favorite cousin is Tiffani, I hate it because she lives in another country but I love when she comes to visit ALL summer. Favorite friends: Tami Fuller,I like her because she's always there for me. She's truly my best friend. Shanine Nelson- I like her because she is intelligent and helps me in hard times. Amy Lundgren- is very athletic and she enjoys doing the same things I do. Favorite sports: Basketball is my favorite sport. I love it because you are always running, and you have to be alert. Softball is my next favorite I enjoy running, and hitting, I like to be outside, and enjoy my friends. I enjoy swimming when it's hot. You can learn all kinds of different safetys and techniques. I ENJOY ALL SPORTS (I'm an Athletic Person) I wish my parents would let me go out for wrestling and football. I underlined those 2 times.
This is so funny to me, I wrote this journal all in pencil and it is still legible. I hope it stays that way forever. I typed the above exactly how it is written in my journal, spelling and all. I do remember babysitting alot back in the day. I used to make little coupons and pass them out to the ward members and then they would call me to babysit. Friends and cousins were a huge deal to me, I remember wanting to be with them often.

10 Years Ago
It was 1998 I was married and had two kiddos. I married Eric Lowe on May 26th 1995.


We had Kimberlee: on May 24th 1996, and then Derick: on April 16th 1998.
Life was good. Eric was serving in the as the scoutmaster for our church and I was serving in the young womens. In 1998 we sold our first home( the trailer) moved to Colorado and couldn't find work, moved back to AZ bought a condo. We lived in the condo for 11 months before buying our first "real home". We loved living on Capri and had a fun time serving in the church and playing with our friends and neighbors. It was a wonderful neighborhood and we all enjoyed our time there.

Today
It is 2008, you all know what my life is like these days if you've been following my blog. Eric and I are blessed with 4 children:
We are enjoying our larger home. I feel like I can stay cleaner with more places to keep our "junk" The kids are enjoying their school, friends, and church. We are still operating the pest control business. Eric says this is his last summer living here in the valley of the sun. The older we get the harder it is to tolerate the EXTREME HEAT! It really does feel extreme and I feel terrible that he has to work outside in it. This summer we planned things right and Eric has been enjoying staying indoors (mostly) healing from ankle surgery and letting our newly hired technician work outside in the heat. It has been a good thing for him. We purchased season passes to Golfland/ Sunsplash at the beginning of the summer and it has been fun to go in the late afternoons and cool off. The kids stay busy telling me their BORED, and arranging play dates and activities. Kimberlee is loving being in the young womens now and is already packed and anxiously awaiting her girls camp trip July 29th. I am counting down the days until school starts! Only 17 days to go.

Future
This is hard for me because I don't plan ahead very often. Eric and I are planning a trip to Idaho in September. We are excited to visit there and go to the Twin Falls temple open house. I might be bringing home a new member of the family. A little red teacup poodle. I am so excited. We are anxious for Roxy's puppies to be born. Her tummy is growing bigger by the day and I am just glad it's her prego and not me. Been there done that. I do sympathize with her but she is lucky, she only has to carry for 63 days. Life just isn't fair.

4 comments:

Tami Ray said...

I love it Leah. Thats a great post and I am sure it took lots of time but worth it to remember all those funny things. I should try to take the time to do it too.

LucyH said...

That was great! I loved all the pictures too. You can learn a lot from just one post like that.

Karen said...

This one is very fun, too. If I can make time to scan in old pictures, I will do this one, too. I love scrolling down memory lane!

Pam Badesso said...

Leah, it is so much fun to look at old journals.... my mom had a few in pencil from a long time back, what she did was take them to get copies..... maybe you shoudl go make photocopies just in case the pencil wears off.