Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Oh How They Grow!

So we are going on 1 week tomorrow for our puppies. Yesterday we took them to the vet to have their dew claws removed. What an experience that was. Eric came with me and we also brought our best helper Livie. (NOT) She was more trouble than the puppies, just so busy. Anyway the vet and his staff just oohed and awed at how cute they were. They each picked out their favorites. So fun!
I named the pups according to description just so that I could tell them apart. The kids probably each have their own names too. Derick is disgusted that we would even think of selling them. Like we can really keep 5 puppies. lol
Here are the puppies in birth order:
Stripey-Our first little boy weighs 9 oz. Thanks to my good friend Adrianne for loaning me her ounce scale. I can weigh these pups every day and I have been. They grow so fast and should be quite small when they are full grown.

Dottie-She is the runt of the litter and is already adopted! Sorry if someone else had their heart set on her. She is a sweet little girl and is the one my kiddos especially wanted to keep. She weighs 7.5 oz and looks most like her daddy Charlie.

Girlie-For lack of a better name, she is the only other girl we have. I think she looks most like her mom. She weighs 8 oz.

Rolie-PolieWeighing in at a whopping 10 oz! This little guy is solid! He is by far the biggest pup we have. I love his little tail with the white stripe and tip. He's a cutie and NEVER misses a meal!

Double -DiamondHe is the last of the litter, and we weren't even sure he was in the womb still. But he came out about 1 hour after rolie-polie. He has some cute markings and weighs 9 oz.

So these guys are EASY for now! I don't have to do anything except change the pad in the welping box once a day. Roxy is an excellent Mommy and she keeps her pups so clean. She is patient with the feedings too. If I were her I'd be begging for mercy with the way these puppies nurse. They just fight and tug on her so hard. These puppies mean business when it's eating time. I probably won't be saying life is so easy at the end of next week. Their eyes should be opening and then I'm sure they will want to be out of the box playing!

1 comment:

Hassell's 5 said...

the puppies are sooooo cute! are you having fun? Good Luck!