Thursday, August 14, 2008

Introducing...

This morning Roxy finally had her babies. It was a long couple of nights and Eric and I are so tired. This morning I woke up at 6:00 to hear Roxy going crazy. We had put her little nesting box in our bathroom so she could have dark and quiet to deliver. She ended up delivering the first little boy in my closet on my shoes. Lovely huh. I was so glad to see he was alive when I found him. Shortly after that a little white with black dots girl arrived. Then she had another girl and then 2 more boys. So we have a total of 5 puppies and momma and pups are resting peacefully now. The kids were able to see 3 of the pups before they had to go to school and they were so excited. Dogs can deliver puppies up to 2 hours apart so there could be more, but the longest gap Roxy had her puppies was 1 hour. So I think we are done with this litter. I am thrilled that the first litter was so healthy. Roxy is a great little Mom and she did all the work herself. All the puppies are black and white and just so cute. They should be ready to go to their new homes sometime around the middle of October. The kids think we should keep them all. NOT!!!

7 comments:

Audie and Candice said...

Congratulations! You're a young grandma!!...J/k

Makenna said...

They are so cute. Congrats on a successful first liter. I still want a little boy for Shiloh. ;-)

Makenna said...

I'd take a girl also. ;-) Just let me know.

Kristy

Deb N Stu said...

Congrats! How much are you guys selling the puppies for?

The Tiffany's said...

Way cute puppies! What a good momma to deliver so nicely and take care of them, except on your shoes! I hope they weren't expensive?!

Hall Family said...

Fun...Fun!!! My girls already have dibs on them. The Mama and Papa are say: yep, look all you want...cause No pups are coming to the Hall's!

Cicily said...

Cute. Is your house crazy with puppies?