Wednesday, January 28, 2009

In Loving Memory of Ona Hycle Kanniard

Last Friday we said goodbye to a man filled with Integrity, hard work, and a love for family. Eric's Grandpa passed away at the age of 99 years. In August we would have celebrated his 100th Birthday. Grandpa had already had to bury his wife and daughter (Eric's Mom) so I'm sure it was a joyous reunion when he passed. Unfortunately the rest of us left on earth miss him. He left behind a daughter Mary Lou, and many Grand and Great Grand children. The funeral was back in Ohio and Eric and I were able to be there.The Pall Bearers
It was my first time ever driving in the snow, and the first time ever attending a funeral in snowy conditions. It was wonderful to be surrounded by so many family members. Uncle Jim, Becky, Aunt Mary Lou, Steve, and CindyEric's Family: Betsy, David, Dad, Michelle, Tim, Lynne, Me, Eric, Michael, Cassandra, Levi, and Suzanne
What an important thing Families are. I am grateful to be apart of a family and to have a family of my own. I missed my kiddos terribly and was so glad to be home back in warm sunny AZ.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Families are truly wonderful things!