December 24th- Grandpa & Grandma Lowe arrive from CO.
December 25th- Christmas, we awoke to find Santa had paid a visit. Eric turned 37 and Olivia 5.
December 25th- A visit to the ER with Sara's little guy Brandon. He had an absess on his neck that kept getting bigger and more red. They informed us that he would need surgery the next day.
December 26th- To the hospital for surgery. Unfortunately we had to go through the ER so the wait was long and poor Brandon was hungry and thirsty. Successful surgery but because of the large amount of pus Brandon had to be admitted. This was the last thing Sara needed or wanted. She (and the rest of us) thought our family would be done with hospitals for awhile now. That is not so. Brandon had to stay in the hospital for 5 days. I was only there to be somewhat of a support for Sara. I couldn't see her sitting down there alone waiting for or with Brandon. Sara is a trooper and some how she manages to cope and deal with the impossible.
December 27th- Zachary turned 8 years old. He was baptized at 11:00 am. We have stake baptisms so Zach was one of 6 children being baptized. The Stake Primary asked Zach to choose someone to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. It took Zach about 1 second to say I want Aunt Debbie. :) She was nervous because there were so many people there, but she did an excellent job. Zach had a huge crowd of supporters there for him on his special day. Even Grandpa & Grandma Lowe were able to drive in on Christmas Eve to be at his baptism.



December 29th- Holiday Wrestling Camp began. We had cousins join with us in this fun camp. The boys get to learn moves and techniques for 3 days and then the last day is the tournament. They have such a good time at camp. This year our wrestlers were Derick Lowe, Devon, Caden, and Braxton Owens (Tiffani Baum Owens boys, and Cameron Bowles. They all wrestled tough and had a blast.

December 31st- Eric and I were able to break away for a fun New Years Eve party at some good friends home. It was a fun night and the first time since we've been married that we were able to go to a party and ring in the new year. It was a memorable evening filled with good food, fun games, and awesome entertainment!
The holidays are over now and I feel renewed and refreshed for this new year. I am grateful for this past year, for all of it's challenges, heartache, and the abundance of blessings that I have received. I know that God knows and loves each of us. That he gives us challenges so that we can learn to become better servants. I look at this past year and I marvel at how much I've learned, things that without my trials I would never have been able to learn them. I pray that this new year will be a prosperous and joyous one for each of you! Filled with trials, blessings, heartache, and love!


1 comment:
Great insight Leah - We certainly do not pray for these "opportunities" but it is amazing how trials do help us grow - I think it is the experience we need to have the compassion and understanding for others. How wonderful that you were able to be there for Sara!
I forgot what big wrestlers the Bowles' are - Kenny had mentioned that whenever they came to visit Ron and Bertie, "the kids" wanted to wrestle - and trust me the Shipley's are not wrestlers!!
Post a Comment