Monday, July 20, 2009

Catch- Up

The time just passes by too fast sometimes. Since my last post alot has changed. Right after starting my diet to loose my muffin top I had some teeth issues. Turns out I needed a root canal among other things and so my diet went to pot. Unfortunately I still have my muffin top. May was a busy month with kids getting out of school, dance recital, parties, Kimberlee's 13th birthday and our 14th Wedding Anniversary. Eric and I were able to get away for a mini vacation which was super nice. We really enjoyed our time away. June brought a phone call from the Littleton Police Department wanting to interview me. So Eric and I flew up to CO for an interview. Before we left I had word that I passed the first step and they wanted a 2nd interview. As I write this today I haven't heard back from the background check to see if I have the job. I feel confidant that I do have it but the process just takes forever. So we are packing up our home, trying to find renters for it and also trying to find a home to rent in CO. Fun times for sure. We are moving the end of July which doesn't give us much time. The kids are all super excited about the move. We feel this is where our family is supposed to be so we are excited about it as well. For the 4th of July we drove to CO for further testing and so forth for my job. We took the kids to the best water park ever, Waterworld CO. It was so awesome. We met our neice and nephew Alexis and Ryan Pagel. It was a blast. We got to buy fireworks and let them off. It was a fun night. Then we drove home and ended up in Heber a few days before the 4th to celebrate with my family. We got up early and participated in our 1st "Carissa's Run" and then enjoyed a parade, yummy food, cousins, and fireworks before heading home to be here for a special baby blessing. What a week that was. When we got home I took Livie to the Dr. as she developed a bad cough and cold like symptoms while we were away. We found out she actually had walking pneumonia. No wonder why the over the counter medicines didn't seem to be making a difference. This past week was busy with packing and packing and more packing. On Thursday July 15th Olivia started complaining about her tummy hurting. We thought maybe she was just hungry. So we fed her dinner and then put the kids to bed. At about 2 am she woke up screaming, had a high fever, throwing up, and telling me her right side hurt. She was up and crying until 4:30 when she finally fell asleep. She slept until 8 and then still complained about her side hurting. So I took her to her pediatrician to have it checked out. The pediatrician told us to go to the ER. When we got to the ER the Dr. ordered a CT scan of her abdomen and found out she had appendicitis. Poor little girl was going to have to have surgery. I called Eric and he came right over and he called my Dad to come help give her a blessing. When Grandpa showed up he had a balloon and a cute little brown puppy. Livie was so happy to see her Grandpa and her new puppy. The surgeon told us surgery was at 4:00 so that was fast. We only had 1 hr to wait before the surgery. Her surgery went well, and when we got to go back to see Liv she was asleep and looked like she was in pain. She opened her eyes and told us her tummy was hurt. Luckily she was able to tolerate morphine so that helped to take the pain away. She did what the Dr.'s and nurses told her and got better so fast they let her come home the next day. It was so good to be home and able to sleep. She is doing so well and rarely complains of any pain. She walks a little funny now, legs spread apart and slightly leaning forward. It's hard to see your kiddos in pain, but I'm thankful for good doctors to help her get better!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - very busy times for you!! I was really looking forward to seeing you the last week of July but Chris and I decided it wasn't a good idea for me to go to Colorado with him. We'll have to come see you some other time.

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

I'm so glad you posted. Looks like you guys had a great 4th, but it took it's toll on Liv! I'm glad she's doing better! You guys are the best

Susie said...

So sorry to hear about your little ones illness - it doesn't get any better when they get older - I about had a heart attack when Kate (25) delivered her baby!!

You are moving - REALLY?? Is it you or your husband that has the job in CO - and what is the job?? Good luck - what a great adventure and COOL one too. Let me know what is going on!

Summer said...

Well...no wonder you've had trouble with your diet if it went to pot. Pot=Munchies=Weight Gain. Try a diet that doesn't go to pot and see if that works!
Dr. Gardner

Summer said...

Poor Olivia!! Glad to hear she is doing better!!! It's awful to have to see your kids like that. :(