Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Big MOVE!

This is what our house looks like all emptyIt is a sad sight for me, once all of our pictures came off the wall it wasn't home anymore. We will miss the home quite a bit, luckily it's still ours. This is what we looked like on the road to ColoradoWe had to park on the street in New Mexico when we stayed over night in a hotel. We were quite the long train. It was an easy move despite Zach and I having to watch Eric and Derick in the large Uhaul sway back and forth. It also was pretty scary when suddenly the trailer I was pulling would start fish tailing. Somehow I always managed to pull out of it. Luckily for us! We arrived in Castle Rock, CO the next day and we were so anxious to see the inside of our new home. We rented it sight unseen, except for a virtual tour. Luckily the home was exactly how we pictured it and so we are happy.We have the kids registered for school, the elementary kids start August 18th, they are on Track C, and Kimberlee starts school on August 10th. I was offered the job with the City of Littleton and start Wed. Aug 12th. We are all happy to be here and are settling in quite nicely. Things are so much less expensive here and with the cooler weather we feel blessed to be here.

5 comments:

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

I'm so glad you made it. But let me just tell you how dumb I am. I was looking at the first set of pictures thinking it was your new house and I was like, WOW that looks a lot like the old house, they must have really liked that style and searched really hard to find one similar. Then I realized..it was the old house! Haha. I'm glad you made it, but we miss you already!

Christy said...

Good luck with getting settled in to the house and area. Glad you like the house. It's nerve racking when you move into a place without having seen it first! My hubby works for Johns Manville and I think their headquarters is in Littleton, not too far from you.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you got moved and settled and things in order. Congrats on your big changes!! It sounds like you guys will be very happy. Chris loved his trip to Denver and says he wants to take me there sometime. Maybe next year sometime we'll come up and see you.

Cicily said...

Wow your house looks crazy all empty. I want to see pictures of inside the new house!!

The Bowles said...

you're rental house is gorgeous! so weird seeing your other house empty! what a weird feeling. i can't wait to have a house of our own someday. how is work going? i want to hear all about it!