Thursday, May 14, 2009

Olivia's Speech= Silliness!

We have come a LONG way with Olivia's speech! When she was three and just learning how to talk we could hardly communicate. It was heart wrenching to know your child wanted or needed something and you just can't figure out what that need is. I remember many times Olivia throwing herself down on the floor in defeat because I just couldn't figure out what she was trying to tell me. UGH! So I went to MPS and had her tested. After one failed attempt I retried when she was a bit older and she was accepted. She has since attended two years of speech therapy in school and her vocab has improved greatly. From her first talk as a sunbeam where she bore testimony of "Harry Potter" AKA Heavenly Father. That is seriously how it sounded when she talked. To being 5 years old with two years of speech under her belt. She now has a much more efficient whole language concept. She no longer says I go outside or things incorrect like that. BUT, it can't be perfect, right??? So now she has a few articulation issues. Funny ones I think, for example:
She says:
Bitchup = Bishop
Traighten= Straighten
Irun= Iron
Whaf if= What if
Trawberry= Strawberry
Shange= Change
Shair=Chair
Shring= String
Shockboard= Chalkboard

Stuff like that, I love it but it won't be so cute when she is 10, so maybe one more year of speech and we'll have it down pat.

2 comments:

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Haha she is so cute! I was reading each of the words she says and I can totally hear her saying them!! She's precious!

Summer said...

i love her pronunciation of bishop! haha!