So what do you think? Can a 5 year old really pack everything they need all by themselves? The answer is YES if the 5 year olds name is "Olivia Lowe" that is! My Dad helped his side of the family book a cruise to Catalina Island and Ensenada Mexico. So we are taking our kiddos too, with it being their spring break. The kiddos have been so excited they wanted to start packing weeks ago. I finally relented and let the kids start packing yesterday. Olivia came to me about 20 minutes after I gave her the go ahead and said, "Mom I just finished packing". I was shocked that she was done so fast. So I inspected her suitcase to make sure she didn't forget anything important. She had everything she needed, 5 shirts, shorts/ pants/ 5 panties/ 5 socks/ 3 swim suits/tooth brush & tooth paste/ a coloring book/ a coloring page she apparently had colored/ and her lamb! So the only thing she forgot was her PJ's. Wow, I was so impressed, she only forgot one thing. That is my kind of 5 year old!

8 comments:
I wish I were going with you. The trip sounds fun! You go Big "O"! I am very proud of you!
That's awesome. I wish I could fit all of my stuff into that size suitcase!
Yes, they can!!! Our kids have always packed - we had one disaster, Eric packed only the flip flops he was wearing for a trip and when we stopped at McDonald's half way to the beach, he left them there - he walked around a day without shoes, then we broke down and bought him another pair - ha - on the way home we stopped back at the McDonald's and his shoes were still there!! He NOW is our one who packs 10 pairs of shoes for any trip!!
PS - have a GREAT time!!! What fun!!!
Way to go Liv!! That's awesome! You guys are gonna have so much fun. I'm so excited for you!! And yes, Mesa is home! :)
That is awesome that she can pack herself. None of my children can pack themselves for an overnight, let alone five days. Have fun on the cruise!!
Now if you could just get her to do her own laundry...
Love this...how are you doing girl? I still have you in mind and hope that all is well with you. I still have a prayer for you in my heart.
Your kids are adorable and little miss packer deserves a squeeze from auntie Amy...
love.
Post a Comment