Monday, February 1, 2010

Change.....

It's been a long time since I've written about our families hustle and bustle so I figure it's about time. A lot has happened since my September post. We enjoyed the wonderful fall that Colorado has to offer. We enjoyed spending time with one another and making new friends. The one thing that we as a family didn't enjoy was being soooo far from home. We missed all of our Arizona friends and family so much while we were gone. I couldn't continue working as a police dispatcher for Littleton PD after my car accident. Things just weren't working there for me. So I quit my job and found myself in the job hunt. Having found nothing there I decided to go for a visit with the children to AZ just in time to celebrate the one year anniversary of Jeremy's passing. I couldn't bare the thought of missing out on that special time. Eric was still in school and working at a mortuary so he stayed behind in CO. I opened up a can of worms while in AZ and the children expressed great desire to return. They stated how much they didn't like leaving AZ. I was a bit worried on how Eric was going to take the news. It turns out that all was well and after prayer, and family council we realized we needed to move back to AZ. We did have a few hurdles to jump through in order to do that. First we needed to break our lease and pray new renters would take over (which they did) then we needed to scrounge up some money which we didn't have any of. The move to CO broke our bank. Thankfully we have family that love us and help us enough to get us back on our feet. I moved back to AZ with the kids in November and Eric stayed in CO to finish off his semester of school and his two weeks of work. He joined us the beginning of December which I was forever grateful. Life as a single Mom is NO fun at all. My parents were gracious enough to let us live there with them. In the meantime I began looking for work. I was lucky enough to land a job at an Elementary School so I have the same hours as my kids. We found a good home to rent and are able to rent month to month so that whenever the renters move out of our home we can move in. It's a whole lot of moving in a short amount of time. I don't recommend it at all. One more move and we will be done for good! Our home in North Mesa is just the right size for our family. We have remodeling plans for the home as soon as we get back on our feet. We are all thriving here in AZ. The children are enjoying being back in their old schools. We all just love being home and back with our ward family. Eric has found himself with a full load of school and doing really well at it. He is really enjoying this new phase in his life. He has found a love for learning and is really looking forward to a job in the mortuary industry in the near future. Eric is back working with the deacons in scouts. I am serving in the humanitarian area of our church. I have decided to set some new goals for myself. I HATE doing it, to be really honest but it needed to be done. First I am NOT wasting anymore seconds of my day on Facebook or any other forum like it. I have a very addictive personality. With that addiction comes a very lazy attitude about getting any task done. It was just easier for me to sit in front of this silly computer and play games and chat than to be a Wife, Mother, homemaker, and friend. My marriage went to pot, my mothering went to pot, my house was seriously a pigstye, and my friendships went to pot as well. It is hard for me to admit all this but it's true. True enough that I hated myself for doing it, but didn't have the will power to do it. So yesterday I did it. I am having myself a much better day already. So here is my first blog post of the new year. A new beginning for me, for my family, with lots of CHANGE!

PS Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad, I think that's 36 years worth! :) I love you both!

5 comments:

The Tenneys said...

If blogs had a 'like' button I'd push it. Good for you Leah!

Susie said...

Wow - great post! I think a lot of people are wasting their days away on Facebook! Blogging can be a bit addicting too - but I do like to record my life in photo and word for my posterity. I bet your family is so happy to have your family close again! I'm glad it all worked out!

Summer said...

Welcome back!

Unknown said...

Susie is right, a lot of people waste a lot of time on FB and like websites. It's really hard to be honest with yourself when you're struggling with that too. Good for you taking control of it and not letting it control you.

Kristin Coppee said...

Leah, you are truly inspiring! I'm so glad you're back! I would love for us to get together sometimes, whether it be as couples or just girls hanging. I just love your personality and your example. I have stressed over the whole facebook thing because I'm like you. The things you admitted to are my problems too. It's becoming a major problem for me AND for Bertrand. We both need to give up the dang Internet and LIVE life!

Anyway, I am going to make some major efforts in my life to either cut way back on FB or just cut it off completely - like you! Thanks for that post.