Monday, December 8, 2008

This is just "SICK" and "WRONG"

So it has been awhile since I posted anything. Mainly because I have been too busy to post. I thought that after this past week I would have time to do things like blog and clean my home. Yes my home is a filthy disaster. I'm surprised that the county health inspectors haven't been called in yet. Now I have another mess on my hands instead of a nice relaxing week. I have 3 sick kids and a sick husband. I think if I hear anymore coughing my ears just might explode. It has been over a month that my kids have been sharing so freely their icky germs. I don't get that, they don't want to share what they should but have no problems sharing their yucky germs. Anyway today I finally hauled the three of them, Olivia is mysteriously well, to the pediatrician. He refilled their ashma medicine and gave Zach a steroid and then sent us to get three pictures of their lovely chests. The results are in: Kimberlee, virus of some sort; Derick, virus of some sort; Zachary, something else... We aren't really sure as of yet what that something is. The Doctor calls it a dark area on his lung looks something like a lymph node. He said he wants a CT scan to rule out lymphadenopathy. Which I guess means a lymph node infection. The imaging place wouldn't do a CT on Zach because of his age and weight. So I get to take him to the radiology dept. at Banner Desert tomorrow. I am praying it is nothing serious, but it's hard to not think the worse when you hear dark area on right lung. This would definitely explain why the past month my son hasn't been able to breathe and the fact that he is progressively getting worse. It is just sick and wrong isn't it? I wish they would get sick one at a time so I could adequately care for them. As I type this Kimberlee is serenading me with her hacking cough that sounds almost like she's going to cough out some sort of organ. I feel bad for her. Keep us in your prayers if you can. Especially little Zach tomorrow. He's not so excited about having to get an IV tomorrow.

Thanks to all of you for your kindness, generosity, and many prayers on behalf of me, and my family. This past month has been trying but much has been accomplished because of each of you. I want you all to know how much you mean to me. Much love to you all.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh, Leah! :( You have been on my mind. Almost everyday, (my) Zach asks me "who's house did we go to?" I say "Leah's" and he says "can we go to Leah's house again and play mario brothers?" If you need a break (and can get away), you are more than welcome to come over here and just chill! We are all fighting off coughs and sniffles, but nothing for doctors yet. I hope all turns out well! Love you!